Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Future Looks Grim

Well, today the future is upon us. Not only will we be electing a new president but for the first time in history we will either have a female vice president, or a black president.
Who did I vote for?
I cant say.
To be honest I didn't like things about both parties. I am a little afraid of things on both sides of the coin.
I'm also afraid, even though I feel certain Obama will win, that if he doesn't, the black community where I live will lose their minds and we will become like South Central LA did when they had their riots for Rodney King.
Id be right in the middle too. Well, not really, but bad enough that Id be scared.
Why do I think that that same situation wont happen in Cobb County if McCain doesn't win? Well Ive never seen a bunch of middle to upper class citizens of any race or color start trashing their own neighborhood in protest of something that didn't go their way. I cant say as much for some of the classes of people that occupy a large amount of Atlanta and the surrounding community.

I understand that this is a very passionate election for all involved. I understand that all over the country people on both sides of the coin are voting for one guy or another based solely on their race. Those are the ones that scare me the most. Those are the ones that will be the most upset.

Me, well, I'm already upset because the person I wanted to be in the White House this year didn't make it. She would have been a great president I think, and the Obama worshiping cult like thing that's happened wouldn't be an issue.

Whoever gets in the big chair I hope they are prepared to face a lot of BIG problems, because if or when they cant deliver all their lofty promises to their people theres going to be be unrest.

I think some people have this vision of Obama bringing the world together. I think that the exact opposite is going to happen. Not of his doing, but of his "followers".
On the other hand, from the moment hes elected on I guess no one can ever say that "minorities" are not equal in this country, because black man will be sitting in one of the most honored seats in the world. So maybe in that way it will shut some whiny people up, but I'm betting it wont.
People who want to whine and complain are going to do it regardless of who's up there in Washington. If McCain gets elected my bet is that a large Obama group will claim racism and unfair voting practices. The NAACP has already started in with a lawsuit claiming that Virginia doesn't have enough voting machines for the rural black communities and that they wont be able to vote blah blah blah.

On the other hand, McCain is suing as of last night to try and extend the vote count for our man and women over in Iraq claiming that their ballots are going to be late and that we should wait until November 14th for an official count.

Maybe they both have a point.

Geesh the more I go on the more it just seems like its going to be a total mess no matter what happens.
Anyone for moving to Canada? Kidding. I love this country.

Actually I cant move anyway...as I believe Ive mentioned before.....because I cant sell my house....because the economy is so bad....and because no one wants to buy a house in the ghetto.

OK, on a brighter note, America is a great country and I will support who ever gets in office because that's my duty as a citizen of this country.
Play nice nice and watch helplessly as one or the other boobs running for president screws up this wonderful place even more.

Have a nice day America.

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...