Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Everyone needs a poke now and then.

Well, I survived the birthday weekend, and I'm moving forward. I gained a couple of pounds over the weekend but now I'm back ...AGAIN...at the 2 lbs away from breaking my wall.
The only good thing about this is that most times when I gain weight over the weekend it takes me all week to get back down again..just in time to gain it back!! This week I'm starting off 2 lbs away and I'm already ahead of what Id planned for myself.

So after 4 days of drinking and eating to excess I'm back on track. I really must thank my gay husband, Sam for this.
I had already planned on working out this evening after work, and usually never do Mondays because I'm always feeling like crap after the weekend.
Yesterday was no different, accept my house was thrashed and I can NOT live in a mess so I knew when I went home I was going to be cleaning.
I get going, cleaning, putting things away, getting things in order.

6:30, and I am wrapping it up for the evening. Not done yet but I'm thinking ..its couch time....when I get a text.

"I know you don't do Mondays but just get on the treadmill for 30 minutes..you'll thank me tomorrow for the poke.."

So I did. Right that minute. In fact I did almost my full work out. I stopped short when I got a headache and started feeling nauseous, but up until then I was trucking along, and felt great afterwards in spite of the sicky feeling.

So thanks Sammie!! Sometimes a girl just needs a good poke.

2 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Way to go! Sometimes the best way to break through a barrier is to change your approach! I'm so happy you did it! I love working out on Monday, because it sets me on the right path to complete the whole week!

Miss Anne said...

thank god, the cosmos, who or whatever for our gay husbands!!

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...