Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Guess Whos Coming to Dinner?

Last night I had the opportunity to witness history..along with the rest of the world. A black man is going to be our next president. I was a little pissy about the whole thing yesterday before the results started coming in.
Not because hes black, but because I was so unsure about BOTH candidates.
I frankly still am, and who ever was going to win I knew would have to do a lot of work in the next 4 years to prove to the world they were the right choice.

So I went out last night to out local hang out and among a crowd that might just as well have been out on New Years Eve, saw the world welcome Obama as our president. Not just the US..the WORLD.
I actually got choked up thinking about what his being where he is means to just the black population of the US, not to mention the overwhelming support of the world. It was remarkable.

So I'm going to lay off my bitterness and just pray that he will be able to do the right things for this country that we so badly need, and be happy that we've come so far as a nation that he can be, and is, where he is today.

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...