Saturday, July 25, 2020

The Forgotten... FINALLY!

 It finally happened. 

Today is July 25th. Last night I was at moms house. She had a procedure for her back a few days ago and I was staying with her. It was Friday night and she’d gone to bed. I was texting with Anne in NYC. All this crazy Carona virus crap mixed with political crap mixed with everything else that can possibly be bad seems like.

Then it happened. She said, “yesterday was Vics' birthday and.....” 

I didn’t read any further. At that moment I realized I had forgotten Mike D's birthday.

For the first time since I met him 8 years ago I didn’t remember it. Vic and he share the same birthday so the second she texted that and I read it I remembered.

He’s 45 now, and has a daughter that’s about to turn 3, and I assume still a wife that he’s been married to for almost 4 years. I haven’t seen or heard from him since that final horrible day in January of 2018.

I thought it would never happen. I mean yes, I have taken note that I have finally had days where I realize that he has not crossed my mind, but every year on that day...HIS day...I think about him. Well, thought about him.

But this time I forgot. I mean I just literally didn’t even have a hint of thought about it.

Finally.

If I have anything to be happy about right now....cause there ain’t much else....that’s a keeper.

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...