Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New Hope...wait isint that a Star Wars moive?

OK so I haven't even looked at that first post, or this blog...which we will hereafter refer to as The Purge....since I posted that back in January.
Since that time I have gotten over my pout, well almost. ( my lip still pokes out a little I admit..but its kind of cute) I have at last decided to really do The Purge and keep up with it regularly. So excuse the random form of writing because, well, I writer I ain't.
I will misspell, use bad grammar ( not to mention bad language) and probably have so many random thoughts that nothing will make any sense, but that's me!
I am Sockmonkee Hear me Squeak!

I Digress...on to it....

Like so may goals I make for myself this one seemed to go right out the proverbial window as fast as it came in, but after reading other sites of people just like me who have suffered through this frustrating life as an "obese"
( can we come up with another word for that people ? I mean really..it makes me...and the rest of the world cringe!! Oh wait..maybe its not the word..its the thought of actually BEING obese that make us all cringe...aah that's it..my bad, never mind.)
person I thought ..huh...maybe getting it all out really will help..
So here I am, officially starting over AND with good news. I have started a new routine of getting up every morning...or at least 4 days a week ( that's the max Ive managed so far) and walking the treadmill for 30 minutes.
This triumphant *trumpets please* Return to Fitness Land * taah dahh!* began for me on January 29, 2007 at 5:00 AM.
Scene: I lay awake most of the night. Unable to sleep and dreaming of a life that is no where near what mine currently is and wondering why I let it slip through my fingers.
I look at the clock and think...OK...4:30 AM..I'm going to go back to sleep, but TODAY when I get home from work I'm doing it..I'm WORKING OUT!

This... Bless My Heart... is a routine I am very familiar with. Its all about determination and going forward in the morning, but by the time the day is over I'm usually sitting at my work desk contemplating if I need to go to the grocery store to get something I don't need to eat, or to that lovely little bar down the street to drowned my thoughts ( no sorrows there!) in a couple of Vodka Sodas!
So you see I start out every day with the best of intentions!
Who was it said the road to hell is paved with good intentions? I'll tell ya who...a cute little devil with a Twinkie in one hand and a cocktail in the other!

But I didn't go back to sleep, and in 15 minutes I was getting out of bed and sluggishly putting on sweats, socks, shoes ( very pretty gym shoes..hardly a mark on them..imagine that since they have never actually left the house!)
and moseyed on over to Sockmonkees House Of Pain. Which just so happens to be my gym set up in the next room....lucky me..no commute!
I turned on the TV...news...5AM...smiling shiny news people....*pfft!*
I start to walk...and in a few minutes I walk faster..then more up hill..then faster and in about 15 minutes I feel....BETTER!!
Its true what they say about exercise. Its the best therapy in the world. Funny that I used to know this very well.
When I think of the way I was years ago..I used to put the gym before EVERYTHING. I was known as The Gym Nazi because you couldn't pry me away from my work outs! Where did that girl go?
Shes in here somewhere I know it and I will drag her Nazi ass out kicking and screaming if I have to!
So that was a Monday. By Wednesday I broke down and went to 'the bar' after work, drank too much and was too hung over to do anything Thursday. This usually would break me out of my attempts to start a new routine, but I got right back on that horse and was up at 4:45 Am Friday and back on the treadmill. I even did an extra work out in the afternoon that Tuesday lifting weights and doing strength training.
The next week, however, was not so good. I got a headache Monday that didn't stop until Friday and I did nothing...well accept eat bad food and consume a couple of gallons of alcohol.

I started again with 'The Routine' yesterday. Up at 4:45 and on that bitch Bessy.

I have named my treadmill Bessy. Its a cheery name and reminds me of an old cranky horse, and since I have a habit of naming things that will suit me just fine.

I felt great all day long. Packed a healthy breakfast and lunch. Very WW friendly stuff! Had a good day at work and intended to go home and do my strength training.
As usual, the day wore on and I began to think about maybe NOT working out when I got home, but I pushed that aside and was determined. Even up until I actually walked in the door! The problem was, (or EXCUSE anyway) that I walked in the door hungry. Instead of heading straight to Socks House of Pain I got out the turkey breast Id smoked on the grill the day before. I was just going to have a little bit to curve my hunger until after I worked out. I even weighed it like a good WW drone! Ten minutes later Id eaten 7 oz, which in WW land is 8.5 points. Then once I was started I just kept going.
I overate. I mean REALLY overate. I had what must have been enough pasta (... but its whole wheat!!) and broccoli for 4 people. For some reason I was just unstoppable!
I was not so hungry that I ate anything that was too terrible..(accept that little piece...OK half a bar....OK A WHOLE BAR! GEESH!.. of milk chocolate that my sister left of the table the day before...mmmmm chocolate..)
Needless to say my Weight Watchers points were over...even with the swap of exercise points you get.
Oh well. Another day another 2 lbs up!

On a positive note, I got had gotten calls from 3 friends wanting me to meet them out for a drink and I said no to that, so maybe the overeating out of frustration and boredom was worth it. Trade one vice for another?

So now were caught up...blow off the past on with the future.

We are finally to TODAY! I decided that becasue of my pasta -broccoli -turkey gorge last night I needed to prepare some healthy snacks for work so I would not be so hungry when I get home. ( as I sit here munching on sugar snap pea pods...yummie). I fully intend to work out when I get home so hopefully the inspiration will not die int he next 5 hours!

End Note:
From now on I want to keep up this Purge on a regular basis since this has turned into much longer than a mere "post".
Along with that Id like to set mini goals and see how I do.
Adventure...without ever leaving my home town.

Will she make it? Will she have the courage? Tune in next time for another episode of The Sockmonkees Guide to the Galaxy!!

Goals for this week: don't go out drinking with the peeps, eat well, don't go over my WW points, work out 5 mornings ( 2 down already whoo hoo!) and 2 afternoons.

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...