Monday, July 23, 2007

Sore but good!

Wow, I forgot how sore I used to make myself at the gym!
Its funny. Walking in there Friday I was so excited. Like going back to that gym was inspiring all by itself. So much so that Saturday I snubbed a chance to lay at the pool all day to go back again!! I did lower body Friday and upper Saturday along with my cardio of course.
A new play list on my Ipod Nano courtesy of Gwenn and her taste in funky dance music made the cardio fly by.
I was sweating like a whore in church and it felt GREAT!!!
I did have one funny moment Saturday when a sweet little old lady scared the daylights out of me!
I was absorbed in my music and pumping away on a upper body machine when she tapped me on the shoulder. When I took the screaming Nine Inch Nails song out of my ears she was bending over me with such a look of concern that I thought perhaps something was wrong with her. Nope. She was just dandy but apparently thought I was about to have a stroke because my face was so red it was almost purple!
This is an unfortunate family trate I got from my mother. Wen we exercise we look like were going to die...
Add to that 80 lbs of extra body fat and you can see why the poor little lady was concerned!!

Sunday (and today as well) my arms are so sore that I can barely make myself bend at the elbows and raising my arms over my head is an experiment in pain!!

I love it!!!

I remember years ago when I was the work out Queen I loved that feeling of pushing my muscles to the point of exhaustion. I love when your done and your legs feel like Jell-O and your arms rubber bands shaking with stress.
Sounds like torture but really its the best feeling in the world next to a good shag!!

I also made an amazing discovery. Friday when I left the gym I had to go to the grocery store for my weekly restocking of salad goods. This usually includes a few extra items I never plan on buying but somehow magically end up in my cart anyway!!

*pouff!* uh oh...where did that peanut butter come from?

In the past you would have had to drag me kicking and screaming into a store...or anywhere in public...after leaving the gym. Hot sweaty and looking like a puffed up red bull frog! But, as it happened I was not able to go before the gym so I HAD to go after to avoid having to go the next day. This was a smart thing to do, and a practice I intend to continue .

The thing is...when I went straight from the gym I didn't WANT to buy anything bad. I think I did the healthiest grocery shopping Ive done in a long while!
They say you should never grocery shop hungry. That's true...but to add to that I say shop after working out.

Its like a drug. You cant mentally undo what you have literally just done so that's my plan from now on. Work out, sweat like a pig then shop for food.

Poo poo on the people freaking out at the sweaty stinky fat girl in pigtails and a baseball cap!

So that in itself made my weekend great, but I also indulged in a sushi orgy with some friends Saturday night which was terrific! No guilt or shame eating in public either. Of course the bottle of red wind I downed probably helped my courage level but who's, counting right?

So I think I'm on my way folks! The gym has transformed my brain almost over night! Amazing! Remarkable! What a blessing!

We'll see if this attitude holds until 5PM tomorrow when I'm supposed to go back!!! Actually if I wasn't so tired today I think I would have gone even though today is my "day off".
I guess from now on even on Mondays I'll pack my gym bag just in case I get the urge.

LIFE IS SO GREAT DON'T YA THINK??

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...