Thursday, August 9, 2007

Train of Fools!

Every week presents a new challenge for me as far as keeping up the new routine.

This week so far Ive only been to the gym once, but I'm going again today and tomorrow. I'm still proud of myself because this is week 4 of my new plan and its been years since Ive stuck with it this long. No, I'm not consistent as in going 4 or 5 days a week, but I'm going. I'M GOING!!

To me that's the be all end all of this initial goal.

Just show up.

Participate in my own life.

A person that's close to me is going through a rough time right now. Shes considering divorce and because of her marital difficulties ( which range from financial woes to simple lack of caring from her partner)

shes taken on another life of sorts. Its hard to explain without saying it but I am trying to be as discrete as possible here.

All I know is when shes in this other life shes happy. Happier than Ive ever seen her, only here's the problem. Shes not living in reality.

Shes ignoring the problems hoping they will go away. She and her mate wont even talk to each other about their problems.

Her theory seems to be smooth it over and it will be alright..and as long as she can make it tolerable at home, she can have her other life too without rocking her very leaky boat.

All this has got me thinking about my own life...selfish wench that I am...

and what I think is I have to take the reins more. I must be an active participant in my own life. So many of us go day to day in our routines without ever really steering.

Like being on a train. You go where the rail goes. You cant turn or stop until the train stops, but heaven forbid the train derail.

Ever heard the expression "shes ( or he) is a train wreck!" ?

Well that would be my friend right now..a total train wreck.

You stop and stare because you cant quite believe your eyes even though looking at it is terrible.

I have been quite the train wreck myself in my life a few times.



I guess you cant get off the train entirely either, but you can at least pick a different path.

For me that's the gym, a little more self discipline, and a little less self destructive behavior.

Maybe Ive finally found my own path?

Maybe I've just switched trains?

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...