Friday, March 21, 2008

Full Moon Fever

Full moon.
They say..( you know...them) that people act differently under the spell of the full moon. Women's cycles are affected, the tides roll in and out based on it, and apparently Easter is scheduled around it too.
As for me, I have to say I do rip up things a bit on a full moon. Especially when it happens to fall on a Friday or Saturday. Somtimes I find myself being wild and crazy only to find out the following day that it was a full moon!

This Friday, today, I'm really in the mood to be bad.
Ive been pretty good all week. I mean I exercised Wednesday through Friday and twice on Thursday. ( following my new plan see...)
Ive been going to bed early every night getting a good nights sleep, and now I'm ready to release the beast!
I have a few dilemmas however.
One, I made tentative plans to go over to a friends house tonight, which on any other day would be fine, but I REALLY want to go out tonight.
Two, I am dieing to text Juan to see if he wants to hang out tonight but I'm afraid if I do I'll freak him out.
Three, well, I guess there's just the two.

Not a big deal. My plan is to meet my sister Beth after work at Trackside, where if nothing else I will get to flirt with, and possibly bag if the wind is right, the hot boy Ive been playing with from time to time since November.
God hes hot...
but I digress...
Last time I saw him he was all in my business, but that could have been just because he saw Juan and I hanging out. Hot boy tends to be a bit on the jealous side.
We'll see.

On a different note entirely, Id like to talk a bit about something that happened last Saturday night. Ive been thinking about writing about it all week and now I have it all together after a phone call I just got.

Scene: My house, Saturday night, cocktail party for Sams new job.
Players: Me, Andy, Jason, Beth, Sam, David and a few other minor supporting cast.
Oh forget that, here's what happened.
First a little background. For a while now Ive had a problem with David. I think if I look back in here I can find several times where Ive written about the problems with friends and the gossip and crap that goes on.
Well David has been pretty much right at the center of most of this for a few years now.
Because of this he and I have not been close at all. In fact I usually don't even invite him over at all, but due to recent events over Christmas Ive tried to be more open and just extend the olive branch, always with the caution never to say anything to him or in front of him that I might not want half of Decatur knowing the next day, and likely twisted into something completely different.
Keeping this in mind when the end of the night came and David and Sam were the last ones left I was not surprised when David cornered me about wanting to know whats been going on with this and that. I of course said pretty much nothing.....nothing of use anyway.
Then the conversation turned to Andy, and he proceeded to pretty much trash him to me in that he was trying to make me believe Andy betrays all the things I tell him or hold him in confidence for.
There were a few things he said that I know Andy must have told him, but in the interest of fairness I told David that I would just ask Andy about it all the next day.

Well, I ended up waiting a few days, letting it marinate and then I wrote Andy. I told him what had gone on and he got very upset. Not with me, with David. So in the last few days apparently Sam, who was there at the time and Andy, who I told the whole story to, have both had a little talk with David.
David doesn't remember a thing. Apparently too much wine and not enough food.
So a few minutes ago I get a phone call from David apologizing for the things he said about Andy.
Also, he was concerned that I had told him (Andy), or anyone about a few other things he confided in me about. ( this was a first)
I assured him that I had kept my mouth shut, which I have, and that I appreciated his call about the Andy business.

Here's the thing though,
I know some of what he was saying, drunk or sober was true about Andy, my very best friend. I know this because there were things repeated back to me that I only said to him.
Also, I knew, and asked David at the time all this was being discusses if he was just trying to "stir the pot", and he assured me he was not.
Bullshit. Drunk he might have been, but changed..nope.
So I'm left with a little less trust in my best friend but certainly no less love, and a confirmation that people really never change, and I would be a wise woman to watch my back.

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...