Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bruised and Beaten

Saturday I did an excellent work out. I felt really good about myself and had a perfect day. Went out that night to Thinking Mans 5th anniversary party which was a blast.

Sunday came and I didn't feel well, but decided to work out anyway, which was a mistake, because I wasn't feeling strong.
I was a little hung over and tired. Not enough sleep and just not thinking straight.

So I get on my weight bench and start doing bench presses.
I forgot that Saturday Id added 13 more pounds to it and for some reason I just wasn't being careful.
The weight perched over my face / chest, it starts to lurch to the left and before I knew what happened I was crashing to the floor off the bench.

Weight fell on top of me, but I did manage to keep it off my face.

I did, however, land on 3 barbells that were on the floor below me.
After peeling myself off the floor and discovering I was leaving a trail of blood where I was walking, I figured out Id hurt myself pretty good.

I didn't go to the Dr Sunday, I waited until I woke up Monday morning in horrible stiffness and pain, then decided I needed to go.

I have severely bruised ribs, a bruised shoulder, hip, a sprained knee and somehow I managed to take a chunk of flesh out of my right heel.

I guess I'm lucky. They thought the ribs were broken. Lucky for me I had a nice layer of fat protecting my fall!!
No seriously, the Dr even said that...

The big suck is, of course, that I have to lay off exercising while I heal. I'm not even sure I could stand to put my foot into a closed shoe right now, and that hole in my heel is going to take a while to..well..HEAL!!

So I'm a bit frustrated and mad at myself for being so stupid. I missed a day of work too, so now I'm going to be super broke this week to boot.

*sigh*

Oh well. I guess I will just try and eat well, although I didn't yesterday at all.
I will do slow walks on the treadmill while my knee heals and not stress it out with my beloved ( and hated) knee raises.
I will lay off the weights in general, and take the actual weight back down a notch until I'm sure I can handle it again.

Its so frustrating to be making any progress at all then have this kind of setback.

The universe is playing with me!!

1 comment:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Ouch! I'm so sorry you were hurt! I'll wish for you a speedy recovery!

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...