Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend update

For the millionth time it seems , I was 1 pound away from breaking my barrier last Thursday, July 3rd.
I actually was able to again move the big bar down a notch on the scale. I think that happened about this time last year too, although then I was working out regularly and this year I haven't been ...not recently anyway.

I was excited, elated, pumped!!!
I decided that I would not destroy this over the holiday weekend. I was going to work out daily and watch what I ate carefully.

Needless to say, 4 days later I'm 7 lbs heavier. Nuff said.

So I'm back on the train again as of today. My foot has finally healed enough to get into a tennis shoe again so there really is no excuse. I was pissed this morning when I got on the scale, but not surprised. Well, 7 lbs in 3 days..maybe a little surprised.

I'm going to MAKE myself get on the mill after work. I know I will feel better when I do. I ALWAYS feel better after working out.

This weekend was also a banner one in that for the first time in years I actually did nothing for the 4th.
I sat at home, watched movies and went to bed. Granted I was feeling very ill all day for some reason, which I never did figure out, but still.
Oh I had invitations, and phone calls from the peeps asking where I was. I just honestly was not feeling social. The only social thing I did all weekend was a pool day Saturday with a few friends.
Oh, wait, Thursday night the boys came over and we hung out then too. OK so I was a little social, and that might be why I was ill Friday..maybe...

I just didn't do anything on the 4th itself. Oh well. Theres always next year.

I had a good weekend though anyway. I basically did exactly what I wanted to do except I didn't work out, which I did want to do.
Excuses aside, I felt bad Friday, Saturday I was out the door by 9:30 AM, and Sunday I cleaned the house most of the day. Ok so Sunday I did have time. I just didn't do it.

Grrrrr! I get so mad at myself for being so lazy!!

Ok ok so just get it together. Today I MUST work out.

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...