Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Put Off!

Frustrated. I was supposed to be well on my way by now with a program, but Im not. As it turns out, I have to do all of the insurance things, (ie. 6 months of medically supervised diet and exercise) on my own, so I went to the Emory Bariatric site today thinking that I could at least use them for that, and turns out, they do the sleeve surgery after all. I dont know if I just missed that previously or if they just started with it, but either way, Im going the Emory route now.
Unfortunately, the Emory route is a rigid scheduled thing that apparently is quite popular since I cant even get my starting appointment until July 28th.
So yes, Im frustrated, but Im moving forward with it in any case.
I did have one positive step, well hopefully. I found a therapist last week and will see her next Tuesday for the first time. This, Im hoping, will be a key element in me figuring some things out, which in turn I hope will help me with my weight issues.

In the mean time Ive really not been trying at all. Been very lazy and eating whatever I want to. I dont feel good about it, and I have no idea why Im being so lazy in my decisions recently. Maybe that will be addressed in therapy.
Im glad, though, however long it might take, that Im still pressing onward. Usually by now Id have given up, and I almost did last week when I found out the news about having to track down all these needed services myself.
I hope Emory will be my answer for all of it.
Well see.

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...