Monday, June 29, 2020

COVID FOREVER!!

It feels like this pandemic will never end. Just when you feel like things are starting to get back to some kind of "normal", the numbers are rising again, and people are ignoring the face mask rule.

I guess thats part of the problem. Its not really a "rule" its a suggestion...a recommendation.

People like my mom who I know has been getting out more than she should think they are not necessary, but why risk it? Why risk OTHERS lives just because you don't want to wear a mask?

It sucks..its hot, you cant breathe, and mine is making my face break out, but its the only thing I can do when out in public to help.

If you HAVE to go out, which you do now since the re-opening whether you want to or not, just wear a damn mask people!

I have had a few stray shoots. Struggling along like this is not good for my wallet, or my mind. I have been pretty good the past few weeks about keeping on track, but as previous posts show, its not consistent. Well, sort of. Maybe I am being too hard on myself.

June last year was oddly very similar to this one. I saw Ray on my birthday weekend but have not seen him since. His test finally came back  - negative - thank God, but he still thinks hes got it. I set up a second test for tomorrow so I hope he takes it. Hes still sick, or says he still feels bad anyway, so really I shouldn't see him until that stops either way.
This means at least another week since Ill be heading back to moms in a couple of days for the 4th.

God, half a year is gone already. Saturated with COVID19, riots, protests, and general unhappiness. I dont see the next half getting much better. In fact I feel like its probably going to get worse.
Businesses that have been forced to re-open to save the states bottom line are going to end up having to close again, and when they do, it seems unlikely that they will all return.

So many are lucky to have work at home jobs, but even those companies are cutting the fat. My sister had to lay off a slew of folks...all in their 50s...for "the good of the company", which Im sure is true. It does make me wonder, however, if they laid of one CEO or just reduced the huge fat salaries of the super high ups, if they could do some training (supposedly these folks are not up on the new tech), and save some of these jobs. Jobs people evidently had had for 30+ years.

These are the folks that wont be getting their jobs back at that level anywhere else. These are the folks that have worked hard, for the same company for years, and had plans. Life plans of retirwment that will never come to pass now.
Its awful.

This year is grim indeed.

Trying to be positive.

Trying...

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...