Friday, February 16, 2007

TGIF!!

Yay Friday!
I feel much better today. I got up and did my morning work out ( back on track * happy dance*) and I intend to do an afternoon work out when I get off work.
I'm figuring out that the best thing to do on Friday Saturday and Sunday is the 2 a day work outs because that's when most of my calories are consumed, largely because that's the days when I drink.

I love my cocktails but I do know that they are one of the reasons I am overweight. Not just for them empty calories they provide, but also for the weird munchies I get when I am drinking. ( not to mention the lack of self control!!)

I am sort of trying to quit smoking also, so when I drink I tend to want to snack as well instead of smoke.
I'm trying to think whats worse, snacking or smoking!!

I know what your thinking...just quit drinking...( I'm a poet and I didn't know it!!)
Ive cut down to 2 or 3 times a week, and while I'm aware that's more than some people drink its alot less that most of my friends, and also Ive been drinking vodka instead of beer ( oh my how I do love a cold beer!) in the hopes that I will drink less over all, which I do.
I can pound down a ton of beer, but I cant drink that many cocktails. i will, however, be bringing the beer back when the weather warms up. Beer at the pool is just a MUST!!

The only problem Ive been having recently is getting wicked hangovers from the vodka. I hate it when I wake up and I feel like Ive got evil trolls dancing on my head!
Even when I don't have more than 3 or 4 drinks, ( trust me...that's NOTHING for me!)
I'm going to invest in some really good vodka today and try a martini tonight. I figure 2 things, the better the vodka the less likely I'll be hung over, and if I do a martini instead of my usual vodka soda I cant drink that fast so I'll have less.
This is all a theory mind you...I'll let you know how it works out tomorrow!!

So I made brownies last night for a co-worker that's been under the weather. I had one, and have brought the rest to work. I'm hoping they go quickly because I can smell the sinfull chocolate from here!!! What is IN chocolate that makes you feel like you just HAVE to have it? Well I don't know, but I do know I'm praising the Haagen Dazs Gods for creating Fat Free Chocolate Sorbet!!!! Its 2 WW points and delicious! Go HD!!


Goals for the Weekend: work out every day, including my second one today. Don't go over my points!!! get some yard work done.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

howdy there! just thought i'd check out your blog, glad i did!

thanks a bunch for your comment the other day. i totally hear on the slug metabolism thing, i think i ruined mine from being so huge. i have such a tiiiiny threshold for gaining these days and it drives me bloody mad. i thought to gain weight this easily i should at least get to eat a bunch of chocolate to make it worthwhile.. but noooo!

as for the "click", it is hard to define how to get it. i don't think there is one moment so much as the momentum of doing little things builds up and suddenly it doesn't seem so daunting any more. the trick is to make sure the click doesn't unclick. which i have yet to master :P

best of luck with it all and hope your weekend goals go well. will keep on reading! :)

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...