Monday, March 19, 2007

Weebles Wobble but they dont fall down!!

Does anyone remember the Weeble? Do they still make those things? I used to love those. Little "egg" people.
Cute in their seeming chubbiness and indestructible! Knock em over, kick em, and like the sign says..they dont fall down!
I'm searching for my inner Weeble!!
I know shes in there..shiny in her plastic skin, grinning the eternal chubby grin and possibly having a slightly sinister look on her face that can only mean...go ahead...fuck with me...I WONT FALL DOWN!!
I think she was with me in my weekend efforts to maintain the 3 lb loss that helped that bitch of a big bar to move down a notch last Thursday.
I didn't eat much of anything bad...well unless you count my turkey sausage gorge last night....ooops...but hey, I also had a great big salad with my 3 pieces of LOW FAT turkey sausage and had not eaten since early in the morning.
* Chubby Weeble face Grin*
I did, however, drink about 18 beers all afternoon Sunday....
* Drunk Weeble face Grin*

Someone a long time ago told me that if I quit drinking altogether Id lose a ton of weight. I feel sure they are right, but I always argue that years ago when I worked out all the time and ate ..well nothing much...I drank like a fish and STILL lost weight.
I'm a drinker, weather its a good or bad thing remains to be seen, but I AM making an effort to keep it in some what of a check.
OK, for anyone who drinks 3 beers in 5 hours and has had enough I understand that seeing me announce that I drank 18 beers in an afternoon is probably a big red flag, but for me its just normal.
The habit Ive been more concerned with, and that I'm FINALLY starting to break is the drinking during the week excessively. This truly bad habit not only adds unwanted calories ( because I usually eat poorly when I'm drinking) but also hinders my efforts to exercise, so I'm trying very hard to cut that out altogether. Last week I was sick with a chest cold all week, and although on Wednesday I did indulge in a couple of frosty cold martinis on my deck at home I didn't do anything the rest of the week. This could be in part because I did feel pretty bad all week, but whatever the reason I felt pretty good by Friday. Like I had actually accomplished something almost without even thinking about it.
Sometimes when I over think things I worry about them so much that I make it almost impossible to follow through with. I was sick last week therefore didnt feel like going out or eating much so without trying or thinking about it at all, I didn't drink, ate well, and I lost 3 lbs.


Weebles Wobble..they don't fall down....so I wobbled a little this weekend, but I didn't fall and I'm back up again doing the right things and looking forward to jumping on the evil scale Thursday.
Ive been reading about people saying they make exercise and eating a plan to live by so they can lose weight.
I just want it to be the way I live, period. I have to find a way to stop thinking of it as a diet, and make it just simply how I live.
I'm a creature of routine.
I live in my Weeble house with my tiny Weeble dog and have my Weeble friends that go to the local Weeble pub, and on weekends we might mix it up at each others Weeble houses. We wobble together, bounce off each other with a fixed smile and sit right back up.

My Weeble world has been wobbling for quite some time now...( I'm not just referring to the jiggle in my butt ) and I'm ready for a little stability.

I sent out an email to one of my best buddies this morning telling him just that, and asking to please help me in this endeavor by coming along on the journey with me. Try new things, live life in a new way, and whoever keeps flicking us down with bad ideas and behavior we just Weeble Wobble right on by em!
Its much easier to walk away from situations if you have someone along for the ride.

If I have to wobble on my myself I will though. Ive done it before, and I wont fall down.

1 comment:

Miss Anne said...

Oh my! I had the whole Weeble Wobble play set! Complete with a slide and swings! I loved those things. They´re probably still in my parents attic if you want them for motivation!

Love you!

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...