Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sad Days

Wow, yesterday some idiot killed 32 students and wounded at least 29 more at Virginia Tech. I really don't understand the mid set of people sometimes. What in the name of God would posses someone to do such a thing? I mean if you want to die...FINE kill YOURSELF but leave the rest of us out of it!
I keep thinking of the poor families of these young adults that were going to college to make a better life for themselves. Some of them may have been in love, some of them may have been venturing out into the world for the first time, some may have been dreaming of their life. Career, spouse, family.
All gone in a matter of minutes at the hands of a crazy person.
I do prey a lot and I wonder at times like these why God would allow such a thing to happen. Some of these kids that survived will never be the same not to mention the family's. Its just such a tragedy.
It makes me so very sad with the state of the world when this can happen in the greatest country in the world.
Maybe are freedoms cost us too much. Maybe if this country would be more strict about who can come in to the country to go to college this guy ( who was apparently a legal alien / student from Korea) wasn't allowed to get in the country to begin with? Or what about the guns he had? How did a non American citizen get his hands on firearms and ammunition? It was said he walked into the classroom with 2 guns and a ammo vest chocked full.
I guess its not fair to blame the laws of the country but sometimes its hard not to when you look at other countries that have never, or rarely had this kind of problem. How many times have schools in other countries been victim of their own students killing each other in mass?
If this is not an example of why guns should be illegal nothing else is.
I'm disgusted with this situation and sad.
That's all for today.

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...