Thursday, June 21, 2007

The aftermath

Well, the birthday went great, accept for having to go to work the next day ( I had taken it off but my butt head boos made me come in for a couple of hours for something he messed up) PISSED! I was running on about 3 hours of sleep and a massive hangover. I probably reeked of booze and cigarettes. Nice huh.

Since then life has been basically the same. I haven't been making much of an effort on the weight loss front, but I did make the $70 plunge yesterday into the land of ALLI.
I am referring to it as the gastric bypass pill because it basically makes you ill ( in many fun and stinky ways) if you eat too much.
My thought is it will be like adverse therapy. I eat to much or the wrong thing and *pouf!* sick as a dog rubbing its butt on the carpet!!
What I'm hoping is I will learn its not worth being ill and stinky ( apparently there is a lot of GAS involved...which from what I understand is the same as bypass surgery)
so I will make better choices with food.
Of course the difference is that I can just NOT take the pill if I get sick of it or if I want to dive face first into a steaming hot pizza...mmmmmm cheeeezy goodness.....
but I really think it will help. In any case Ive committed by buying a months supply and since Ive paid for it I will use it.
Also, my friend Gwen is coming into town on the 29th which is about the time when its supposed to arrive,( the magical fat fairy is delivering it in 5 - 7 working days) and I am taking most of that next week off.
That will be a perfect time to set the waters of the Poopy Pill without having to discover in horror that I might mess my shorts at work!!
I am hoping this doesn't happen at all but from what Ive read the side effects are not great.

Funny is it not what length we fat people will go to in order to fit in?
I'm not trying to fit it, really. I just want to be healthy.
Plus I miss men a LOT and unfortunately that does come with weight loss. At least in my experience.
Although, on that note, Sockmonkee has been talking to a Cowboy!
On line ( of course) and he lives in Florida...ironically very close to my friend Gwen!
Anyway, if hes full of crap ( I'll give him on of those pills! HA!) I don't want to know about it because hes making me feel great.
And hes CUTE!
We talk on the phone for hours and instant message at work almost ever day now.
He says hes going to come visit in August.
This is also the time frame that another visitor will be coming in for a landing.
Rhett. yes, that's his real name, which I normally wouldn't use but considering he , nor anyone he know will ever read this blog I feel its safe.
Rhett is a piece of work!
Hes pretty hot on the Muffin scale, and hes a freak *ahem* in private. the only thing that's always bothered me about him is that he always wants to "hook up" and get all freaky...and that's it.
This would be fine...and on occasion has been fine AND DANDY...but he gets all weird too.
I cant explain it but sometimes I feel like he doesn't want anyone to know we are even keeping in touch with each other. This bothers me because it stirrs up all those feelings of anger against people who have liked me or wanted to BE with me but just not in public.
I HATE THAT!!
And I wont put up with that anymore, which is why I have already told him that we will be GOING OUT...IN PUBLIC...and IF I choose to go any further I'll let him know.
I'm not opposed to a hook up with a good friend....the "friend with benefits" is always a good thing when you have been in a dry spell..and honey its been like the Sahara Desert!!!
I just don't want to feel bad about it.
Also, if things continue to progress with The Cowboy he might actually be coming up at the same time in August, and if I meet this guy in person and the sparks fly I'm not going to have anything to do with Rhett.
Sorry Rhett, but after all Tomorrow Is Another Day!!!

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...