Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back to the grind

Wow, its strange to be back at work after being off for over a week. This morning as I was getting ready to come in I was thinking to myself how lucky I am to have a job that is so flexible and pretty solid.
How do you make yourself driven to do more?
This is not a weight thing, this is a LIFE thing.
There are so many things I need to do in order to advance in my life and I find myself day after day just going through the motions without ever really making the effort it takes to take off.

Sometimes I wonder if its fear of what might happen if I make changes then it falls apart.

The catering thing. Do I really WANT to do this?
I think I do. I think I really want it to happen but I have no drive to make it happen. I just want to cook the food and be done with it.
I have no head for business and while I don't think I'm lazy I do like my free time. I'm not thinking about what it will be like to work my current job PLUS the catering, I'M thinking of taking time off from this job to do it so i still have my personal time.
Is that lazy?

Maybe I'm just spoiled.

Anyway, I'm thinking about it and I just don't know where to go from here.
I'm not making time to get the business crap together at all. I throw out a million ideas but don't want to sit down and put numbers to them.
I need a business manager!
Cant I be an artist and just have someone else crunch the numbers and deal with the clients?

The people that are the most successful in life are the ones that do it all. Self promote and get out there! Take the doors slammed in the face and go on to the next one.
Every daylight hour used to the fullest.
I'm not sure that's who I am. Well, actually I know its not. I mean yeah, I'll work my butt off at a task, but I am not a salesperson, or a business person.
What do I do?
If I don't follow through with the catering i am going to have to bite the corporate bullet and get another job because this one is never going to go anywhere.
On the other hand if I really want to pursue the catering this job is perfect because I can still do it while doing the catering and if I need to cut my hours here I know my boss wouldn't care. In fact, he'd probably jump for joy!
HELP!
I need guidance. Yes, I need someone good with business to sit down and hold my hand through this.
JUST GET ME STARTED!!

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...