Friday, July 27, 2007

Elliptical Hell!!

Yesterday at the gym I decided to take a step into the future by getting off the treadmill after 25 minutes and getting on the Elliptical Trainer for the last 5 minutes of my cardio.
OK now, Ive officially been going to the gym for 1 week so its not like I'm ready to break any records but I thought hey..its only 5 minutes..I can do ANYTHING for 5 minutes...

OH.....
My.....
GAWD!!

I hop on...
ok...its all good..... oh wow...my legs are burning....my heart rate is really going up....umm I think I'm having a heart attack...maybe try going backwards...ok that's better...wait still bad...forward again....ugh HOW LONG CAN 5 MINUTES BE!!!!!

It was over pretty quickly actually. I got off thanking heaven that there was hardly anyone in there to see me practically DIEING up there. I mean Ive been watching girls..old ladies..all kinds of HEAVY out of shape people go on these things for 30 minutes and they are fine!!
Then I remembered years ago when the Evil Elliptical from Hell machine first appeared in my gym. There were 2 of them sitting innocently off to the side..unnoticed...unused.
People, like myself, didn't want to be the first to try a new thing.
So one day I decided to give it a whirl. This mind you was after Id been going to the gym 6 days a week , 2 hours a day for about a year and had lost 170 lbs.
I was used to trotting merrily away on the treadmill, uphill for 45 minutes or longer before going to my weights and Cybex machines so I thought 30 minutes on this baby would be no problem!

WRONG!!

I got on and after 15 minutes I thought I was going to DIE!

After remembering that I felt a little better, After all, 5 minutes is still progress. I will do another 5 today even if it is embarrassing.
Who cares...my body...my fitness regime...F**K all those scoffers!!

(hmmmm I hope Hottie is not there today....)
307

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...