Monday, July 16, 2007

Life is a Banquet!!

And most poor suckers are starving to death!!

Auntie Mame...probably one of my favorite movies. The movies message is just that....life IS a banquet and if you don't take a big bite of it your starving yourself needlessly.

I'm biting!!
I was thinking this weekend about how blessed I am. My friends are so great, and my family is much more than I could ever ask for.
I have a job...which while I complain about it being a crappy job is actually pretty good considering the perks I get for it.
I have a lovely home...all MINE..and a tiny dog that I adore.
I love my life!!

I'm not sweating the small stuff anymore.....or the fat stuff!
I'm feeling great and looking great!

My life is truly a banquet and this fat and sassy woman is taking a BITE!!

So at this time Id like to thank God for putting me on this planet and gifting me with all these wonderful things!
I know the world is what you make it and I used to think I had wasted a bunch of my life on stupid things but now I realize that nothing Ive done is stupid. Every path you take leads somewhere.
I might not be a world traveler, or a scholar. I might not make the most money or be the thinnest person on the block, but I know I make a difference in peoples lives just being involved with them.
People can be catty, or cruel or even flat out mean, but that's never been my bag and I'm proud to say never will be.
I love that I'm the kind of person that trusts people right away. I don't ever want to lose my fascination with life.
I know looking back at this rant for the last few months I come off a lot of times as being depressed and miserable, but the truth is I'm a very happy person.
I think I vent the bad stuff here because I can and it doesn't hurt anyone.
Its like lancing a wound. Gotta get the poison out!

Speaking of getting this out:

So I had a little talk with The Lovely Wife last Friday. Seems Ive pissed her off or frustrated her with the catering thing by not being more pro active in getting jobs locked down.
She wants to take it in a direction that I don't want to go into. It was starting to make me feel antsy and nervous, and I don't want it to be like that.
Then I really gave it some thought and discovered that I'm going to do it on my own, and its probably better that way.
What she doesn't know might end up hurting us one day, and I think I realize...finally... that perhaps my friendship with The Muffin is not as healthy as I would have liked to believe.
Perhaps its holding ME back from moving on, and the thought also occurred to me that the whole cooking thing is really my bag. Yes shes a good cook, but has very little creativity and I know I'm the one that will really be creating the cuisine!
I am supposed to talk to her about the future of the business Wednesday. After being on the phone with her and thinking it over Ive decided to tell her exactly what i want to do with the business and that if she wants to be a part of it great, if not then maybe its best we dont go further together.
I'm not giving it up mind you, I'm just going to do it myself.
Ive always known I could, and the funny thing is it feels like a relief to me already that she might not be involved anymore.
I think its time for me to really move on in many ways.
I'm ready to open a new chapter and pretty happy about it!

I think for most of my life Ive compared what I do and enjoy to what others do and Ive been ashamed many times that my life is so simple.
I don't travel, I don't like to go to fancy restaurants, ( very often anyway) I don't buy into fashion or trends( accept shoes of course!!) and most of the time what I really like to do is lie in the sun, read and cook.
I'm a people pleaser but I also like to please myself.
Last week I had a day off during the week after my friend left to go back home and after cleaning the house a bit I basically spent the afternoon having a few cocktails and watching movies. I was HAPPY!
That sounds like a waste of time to some people but I think if that's what makes me happy whats wrong with it?
Just because I don't want to travel the world or go to museums and spend endless hours at a mall doesn't make what I do in my life less valid that someone who does all those things.
I'm embracing ME and I'm so happy about it!

Come on world ! Don't you want to give me a hug??!! HA!!

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...