Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Falling off the wagon...or did I jump?

OK, so this week I'm being bad. No, I'm not out drinking or anything, just not going to the gym. I'm leaving for vacation in 3 days and I have too much to do after work every day to make time for it.
I know, I know, it should come first. And honestly my plan was to go every day this week but I just have no time.
I will make up for it at the beach house with daily work outs in the gym there.
What could be better than being on the Evil Elliptical machine while looking out over the Gulf of Mexico?
No excuses there.
So Maybe I fell off the wagon in a way, but since I'm being good otherwise I really don't feel so bad about it.

On a totally different topic, yesterday I talked to a guy I haven't talked to in years and I'm a little too excited about it.
What happened was, Friday when I was home and had a few cocktails I went on to my MySpace page..(yeah I know..shut up!) and was looking at some of the "friends" of a person on my page. Hes not a true friend of mine in that I know him, but we don't hang out or talk on the phone. Its more like when I see him out we say hey and maybe chat it up a little.
So this guy is on his page. Lets call him The Latin...cause he is...
So TL and I have a history. Years ago, when I was thinner he and I went through a few years of on and off "hookin' up", and at one point he actually sat me down outside Trackside( the bar we all used to hang at) and told me he really liked me and that he wanted to actually "date" me.
This, unfortunately was bad timing because it was right around the time that I was full throttle with The Muffin.
Ive always wondered what would have happened if Id let Muffin go and gone out with TL instead.

In any case in the years since we have again encountered each other here and there. most of the time on our birthdays because his happens to be the day after mine. he is 7 years younger though, which when I was 31 and we were hanging out made him 24, and still acting like a 20 year old!
So now hes just turned 30, and Ive been lurking around his MySpace page for some time now trying to get up the balls to send him an email.
I was scared he wouldn't want to talk to me because a few years back he dated someone that is NOT fond of me at all and I thought that might have rubbed off on him.

Since my recent new mindset, however, of living life and not letting pesky things like fat and past mistakes get in my way, I decided on Friday I had just enough wine in me to contact him.
So I did.
Saturday night, after a day at the pool I came home and suddenly out of nowhere I remembered what Id done the night before, and was horrified!

Emailing has taken the place of Ye Ole' Drunk Dial...never EVER a good thing to do, and I honestly hardly ever do that anymore ..almost anyway!

So I jump on the computer and look to see what exactly I wrote to him. It was all fine, just a friendly message of Hey how ya been ..long time no see kind of thing.
No response...
This is why I love MySpace though cause it tells you when someone has seen your mail, and he had not yet.
Sunday comes and I again jump on the computer to see what, if anything hes written back and he had!
He asked who I was..I was shocked at first, then realized I had my profile pictures locked down so no non-friends can look at them and also my name on my page is Sockmonkee so how the hell WOULD he know?

So I write back its R****** B****** ( my name) and say again I was just saying hello.
wait...5 minutes...10...check again.....
30 minutes...check again.....15 more... RESPONSE!

WOW ! HEY How have you been? WHERE have you been?

I was so glad to see this! I wrote back immediately briefly..and casually...catching him up on whats been up with me, but not going in to any real detail.

Then I have to go for the day, but yesterday he wrote back and gave me his phone number. When i checked the mail he happened to be on line ( another MySpace feature is spying on people on line!)
So I messaged him with my number instead of calling him.

3 minutes later I get a text.

I text back....this goes on for a few minutes, then the phone rings.

We ended up talking for about an hour. I was thrilled!

So were keeping in touch I think, and we'll see what happens. I'm not looking for a hook up or a boyfriend out of it, just a new /old friend.

Happy days!!

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...