Friday, September 7, 2007

More Drama

Can I just say I'm SICK OF THE DRAMA??
I thought about many things while I was on vacation. One thing kept coming up among our conversations that seems to be more clear than ever since coming home.
Someone told me that the people I count as my friends ..well not all of them but quite a few...seem to be not such good people.
I defended them to this person at the time, but since returning I now think maybe they were right.
I'm cutting loose several people that have been talking crap about me while I was away and as sad as I am to have to do it I'm also relieved.
I don't want negative people anywhere near me. Sometimes I guess you have to start over.
I feel like Ive done this so many times in my life. There have been times that Ive had no one..literally..to talk to and I somehow manged to find others despite my shyness.
It may take a while to resettle with new people but I think it will happen.
I have to say though my disappointment in some of them is down right overwhelming right now.
Its almost like I cant quite believe this stuff is actually coming out of their mouths.
Apparently it is though, and Id be a fool to act like it isn't just to have a few more warm bodies around me.
Smiling in my face and stabbing me in the back as soon as I turn.
I feel betrayed. I'm sad and upset and disappointed.
The worst part of it is Ive always been so honest and open with everyone and they cant do me the same courtesy.
One thing I have taken home with me from vacation is some words of wisdom that have always rung true.

Life is too short to waste your time on people and things that bring you down.

So it seems I am to open a new chapter in my life, and even though I feel like I'm sort of being forced into it, maybe its all going to be for the best.
Maybe this is exactly what I need.
A clean slate. (Instead of a clean plate!)

2 comments:

Miss Anne said...

Hope there's still room for me!!

And google "Master Cleanse." It's rough this round for me, but they say third times the charm...And hit me with any questions, too!

Love you!

Sockmonkee said...

There will ALWAYS be room for you on my plate!

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...