Friday, May 16, 2008

Out of the Hole

No entries all week because actually nothing much to say.
I didn't exercise again all week despite my intentions to each day. I didn't eat terribly though ( until last night) so I was losing weight anyway, ( until last night).

My friend Gwenn is coming to visit me in a week and I was really hoping to be down ...well now its back up to 17 lbs... from where I was. Ugh.

I was reading another blogger ( the Tippy Toe Diet...very good by the way) and there was an entry about going down a road, falling into a hole, and not getting out, then doing the same thing over and over but eventually getting out, then taking a new road entirely to avoid the hole altogether.
I was on that new road once and it seems I am having a great deal of trouble finding it again.
Who knows if I ever will.
I know I'm better than I used to be. Maybe that's a step. Maybe because I'm not so hard core about it this time I just don't see my progress.

Maybe I'm making excuses and need to get off my fat ass and out of the damn hole!!!

1 comment:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Aw, thank you for the sweet, but sugar-free compliment! I'm so glad that post resonated with you. I only wish I could give you a map! LOL

I think you've hit on something: you're better than you used to be. That's not just "a step". It's a huge step. We don't have to be perfect; we just have to be *better*. It seems like once we build that better habit, some sort of critical mass takes over and we want to get better and better and better. I wish this for you so much!

A little exercise will help. C'mon, just one day. :)

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...