Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Back To The Grind.

Well Gwennie has come and gone and I'm now back to my routine. Sort of anyway...

I didn't end up reaching my goal before she came in town, BUT, as it happens if I can manage to keep my nose to the grindstone I might make it by my birthday.
As of this morning Ive got 14 lbs to shake in 10 days.
Crash diet anyone?
I doubt I'll make it but at least I'm closer to my goal than I thought I was going to be after 10 days of vacation.
I actually lost 5 lbs with her here! Shes in the zone. Getting on the treadmill every day. We went hiking, swimming, and worked out at my home gym while she was here. Very inspiring.

Of course, I'm tired today, and don't feel like working out when I get home but hopefully the mood will strike me. I need the exercise and the detox!
I'm hanging my liver up to dry this week for sure! Poor thing, between the food and the drinking from the last 10 days I'm sure my body is in total "FU" mode.

Was it worth it? Why, of course!
We had a blast. She was great and the time flew by so fast when I dropped her off at the airport yesterday it felt like Id just picked her up!!

What did we do? Who did we see? Well we didn't do a lot of real"vacation" kind of things accept extra pool time and a lot of going out.
We did have a brunch / lunch thing Sunday that turned into an all nighter. Always happens when The Muffin and his Lovely Wife come over.
Also, the hot barback made it to the party. I was hoping it was for me, but turns out it was to see if he could shag Gwenn. Nice huh.

Hes off my gym wall and I'm sad about that. A few weeks ago The Lovely Wife got me to rip down his photographs and burn them. Now my wall of inspiration that sat directly in front of my treadmill is bare, and I don't like it.
I don't think I'm going to put up quite the "shrine" I had before, but I am putting some of them back up. They are just way to good not to.
Maybe I'll mix them up with a few other inspirations. Like Gwenn. I photographed her while she was here and they came out amazing. Even she couldn't believe that she was looking at herself.

I'm happy to say that she is in a much better place than Ive seen her in a long time. And good for her!

Now its my turn.

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...