Monday, December 8, 2008

The Past is Haunting Me

The weekend brought weird things.
I finally confessed to The Lovely Wife that a year before they met I had been with The Muffin.
She took it better than I imagined at the time. Now I'm not so sure.
the Muffin came into my office this morning and told me he was going to be calling me this afternoon.
My heart breaks for this because I know whats about to happen. I could see it in his face.
Not anger, not even bitterness. More like a finality.

I'm going to be asked not to be in their life anymore.

I wanted to be friends with BOTH of them until I was old and crusty! I wanted to see their kids grow up! I wanted to hopefully one day have a man of my own that Muffin could be friends with and we would all hang out together!

I don't know what possessed me to reveal this long kept secret, but its out there now.

A part of me is relieved but another is already mourning the loss of 2 people that are very important to me.

I suppose in the long run its better this way, it just hurts a lot right now.

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...