Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Post -Feast

Thanksgiving is such a great family time every year, its hard to fault the day for being such a temptation of goodies.
I guess if one has enough self control that wouldn't be a problem, but mine is not so great yet. Besides being off for 4 days in a row, which always induces situations of heavy partying, there was football game day and the going out.
All in all I didn't do so hot eating and drinking wise, but I expected that to be the case. I did, however, work out 4 days last week. The 5th day fell by the wayside on Friday due to my massive hangover and general icky feeling post- Thanksgiving pig fest.
Actually, in hind site, Thanksgiving day itself was not so bad. I really didn't over eat at all. I think the drinking was part of the blame for the weight gain, but again,I expected that to happen as it does every weekend.
So on the scale today I'm up a few pounds from my lowest again, but I haven't given up the ghost.
I'm trying to get through the holidays festivities and all with at least working out.
I might gain or lose the same 10 lbs all December long but as long as I can manage the work out..to establish a pattern..I'll feel good about myself and go on.

No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...