Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Getting my Courage Back

 Looking back to this time of year in 2020, before the world lost its mind and I seemed to have taken a nose dive, I wrote that I had gone back to The Wellness Center for the first time in years and it was like "coming home". Well, today I will be going to the new gym. Not for the first time, in general, but it will be for the first time before I have an actual shoot. 

I didn't intend to get up at 6:30 AM this morning, but my dog felt otherwise, so once I was up I decided why not get ready and go to the gym. I have to leave in about 20 minutes, and I'm nervous.

This will be my 3rd trip to this new gym. The first one was in the afternoon on a week day. Fairly light crowd, and lot of muscle heard and tight assed women. I did manage my full elliptical and also lower body on the machines with the exception of the ham string machine (which turns out is pretty important for me to do) because it is configured to have you ass-up with my lard butt basically in peoples faces so I decided to skip that one. 

Th second time was this past Sunday, and I only did elliptical. I had intended to do more but I was intimidated by the number and kind of people in there. 

I am going to have to overcome these feelings if I want this to work. I know I have a hard road ahead mentally and physically, but I want it to be a daily part of my life just like it was 2 years ago. I've repeatedly stated that if Covid19 had not happened there's no telling how different my life might be right now. I feel like I need to just time warp back to that head space and grab it. Hold on to it tightly and let it sink in. Maybe I can imagine that the tight assed 25 year old's in this new place are the 75 year old's at my old comfortable gym. 

Whatever I need to do to get my ass there daily in the morning is what I need to do. I need to get my courage back and JUST DO IT!

Off I go. 









No comments:

Spring has Sprung, but the flowers are Gone

Its a beautiful Saturday morning. I am sitting at my upstairs den desk which looks out a window. The view from here is nice. I can see the b...